Search the Blog!
- @WordsThatHop @TanyaZilinskas And I'm so glad to see "The Last Supper" out in the world! The hunger and escalating… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- @WordsThatHop @TanyaZilinskas Oh, Brenda <3 thank you for sharing and for these kind words. To know that I built a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- @_ShannonMMiller @ForbesUnder30 @davidrliu @scrippsresearch Congratulations, Shannon! Very well deserved :) 1 month ago
- @meglemke @MuthaMagazine 💙 The perfect home for it 1 month ago
- Deep gratitude to @MuthaMagazine for the Pushcart nom on my hermit crab piece "The Act of Breathing: A NICU Glossar… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
Author Archives: Anahita Hamidi
These days it seems that neuroscience and its fancy new tools are in the news — a lot. Coming off the heels of Obama’s BRAIN Initiative announcement in April 2013, this attention is entirely unsurprising and timely. From the extensively … Continue reading
UPDATE: Jonah Lehrer has officially resigned from the New Yorker. Turns out that he has apologized for outright lying. Copies of his book “Imagine” are being recalled by the publisher as we speak (very expensive and arduous process). Perhaps a follow-up … Continue reading
There were SO many interesting talks this morning…I’m pretty sure all of us are still “digesting” the concepts and implications of the ideas discussed. Keep your eye out for more posts. I’ll be more comprehensive later (took good notes!). Before … Continue reading
The first-ever International Symposia of Contemplative Studies (ISCS) began in Denver, Colorado on a dark and stormy afternoon. No, really – it did. As Jon Kabat-Zinn rolled up his sleeves and sat down on a cushion to lead us into meditation prior … Continue reading
Things are not always as they seem. We’ve all heard that cliche. Yet, as I always argue, hackneyed phrases develop by virtue of their repeated confirmation of a truth. Still…to what degree can such a claim be made? How far can … Continue reading
I’m really looking forward to tomorrow! I will be attending an event that seems almost tailor-made for a neurogeek and explorer such as myself: Being Human Conference 2012. The lineup of speakers looks amazing. It should be interesting gathering all these ground breaking … Continue reading
AUGUST 2015, UPDATE: I’M BACK! Old posts have been migrated back over. Posting will resume this year, so please stay tuned! Follow me….here!
“The Intuitive Mind is a sacred gift, the Rational Mind a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” ~Albert Einstein I’m sensing a conflict. While the conflict is in part an … Continue reading
We all know this from personal experience: some people are good at handling stress and others…well, they’re simply not. Present any two individuals with the same stressful situation and chances are they will respond differently. Of course no one is … Continue reading